The notices from the meeting held on Friday the 13th of March 2015 can be read below.
1. Last Saturday we had the BB Scottish Cross Country Championships at Tulliallan Police College. I would like to thank all boys from the Company who participated, and who completed a very testing course, made all the harder by the wet weather prior to the races. The effort put in by the boys was magnificent, as you all literally ran yourselves into the ground. I sincerely hope that although you may have found it tough, you will remember the event in years to come. To all staff involved in staging the Cross Country, I thank each and every one of you for all your efforts. The Championships were a great success, and your efforts contributed to that success. Thanks also to the parents for ferrying the boys to and from the championships, and for assisting by being course marshalls on the day.
2. I would remind boys to bring along a can or two each week towards our grocery stall at our spring fayre. Remember 10 points for one item, 20 points for two or more items.
3. A couple of weeks ago we handed out BB Week cards. Last week we asked boys to ensure cards were returned this week. If any boy has not as yet returned their card, can they please ensure it is returned next week without fail.
4. I would also like to remind all boys that this Sunday is mothering Sunday and in addition to this we are also on duty to supply the teas and coffees between the services. We need 3 or 4 boys in uniform to assist with serving the teas and coffees. Boys are asked to be at the church halls for 9.30am.
5. With the Band Competition fast approaching, we need 100% effort from all boys and staff between now and the competition, and I now make a plea for this effort from everyone.
6. The Bible quiz was to have taken place next Thursday, but has been postponed by one week and will now take place in Dalgety Bay Church on Thursday 26th March, at 7pm.
7. A number of weeks ago we mentioned a senior’s Quad-biking day at Craigluscar. This unfortunately had to be cancelled. A new date has now been booked. Unfortunately it is Sunday 5th April (Easter Sunday) at 1pm. If any seniors wish to attend can they let me know. Cost to be in the region of £30 – £35.
8. Finally we have settled the date for our Spring Fayre as Saturday 2nd May